Pletikosa Cvijikj, Irena, Dr.
Dr. Irena Pletikosa Cvijikj
WEV G 222.2
Phone: +41 44 632 86 24
Fax: +41 44 632 1740
Dr. Irena Pletikosa Cvijikj is a Project Leader and a Post-Doctoral researcher at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zürich (ETH Zürich) since January 2013. She obtained a PhD degree from ETH Zürich in December 2012 under the supervision of Prof. Elgar Fleisch. She holds a BSc and MSc in Electrical Engineering from the SS. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje, Macedonia.
Irena has ten years industry experience in the area of Software Engineering, working as line manager, project leader and technical coordinator for numerous software projects, mostly in the area of telecommunication systems (see CV for details).
Her current research is focused on big data analytics.
- PathMate: Effects of Ubiquitous Healthcare Information Systems on Performance of Obesity Expert and Teenager Teams
- Mobiliar: Faced with the growing volume and variety of data flowing into their warehouse systems, insurance companies are turning to the novel approaches towards Big Data analytics in order to adopt their own business model to the changing market place and to provide greater value to their customers.
- Mila: Mila is a mobile business app for small businesses, based on cloud technology. In order to generate business leads, Mila applies principles of machine learning and natural language processing over tweets.
- TeraHealth: Building gamification and persuasive applications to help users adopt and sustain wellness management systems; using comparative user study methods to evaluate the effectiveness of developed persuasion principles and derive general design guidelines for persuasive apps.
- Social Media Marketing: Possibility to use Facebook as a platform for social media marketing. Understanding the interactions on Facebook brand pages. Deriving guidelines for practitioners.
- SmartProducts: SmartProducts is a three year research project funded by the European Commission. The goal is to embed proactive knowledge into products to make them communicate with humans.
- Inventory Robot: Robotic platform for shelf reading and inventory in the public library, capable for human-robot interaction. Possibilities of integration of RFID and robotics in library. HRI scenarios in library environment.
- ThingBook: Platform for sharing things with friends on Facebook and iPhone. Provides possibility to write comments and give ratings. Technological platform to influence purchase decisions through friends' opinions.
- Pletikosa Cvijikj, Irena. Evaluation framework for social media brand presence. ETH (2012). http://dx.doi.org/10.3929/ethz-a-007599194. [PFD]
- Evaluation Framework for Social Media Brand Presence, Irena Pletikosa Cvijikj, Erica Dubach Spiegler, Florian Michahelles,Social Network Analysis and Mining (SNAM), Springer, 2013. [PDF]
- Online Engagement Factors on Facebook Brand Pages, Irena Pletikosa Cvijikj, Florian Michahelles, Social Network Analysis and Mining (SNAM), Springer, 2013. [PDF]
- Understanding the User Generated Content and Interactions on a Facebook Brand Page, Irena Pletikosa Cvijikj, Florian Michahelles, International Journal of Social and Humanistic Computing (IJSHC) Special Issue "Contemporary Social Media Topics in Business and Public Organizations", Inderscience Publishers, 2013. [PDF]
- Evaluation Framework for Social Media Brand Presence, Irena Pletikosa Cvijikj, Erica Dubach Spiegler, Florian Michahelles, Auto-ID Labs White Paper, Decmeber 2012. [PDF]
- Social Media Integration into the GS1 Framework, Irena Pletikosa Cvijikj, Florian Michahelles, Elgar Fleisch, Auto-ID Labs White Paper, January 2012. [PDF]
- Monitoring Trends on Facebook, Irena Pletikosa Cvijikj, Florian Michahelles, Dependable, Autonomic and Secure Computing (DASC), 2011 IEEE Ninth International Conference on, pp.895-902, 12-14 Dec. 2011. DOI: 10.1109/DASC.2011.150. URL: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=6118886&isnumber=6118342 [PDF]
- Usability Testing of a Facebook Brand Page, Irena Pletikosa Cvijikj, World Usability Day 2011 Slovenia, Kranj, Slovenia, 10th November 2011. [PDF]
- The Effect of Post Type, Category and Posting Day on User Interaction Level on Facebook, Irena Pletikosa Cvijikj, Erica Dubach Spiegler, Florian Michahelles, Privacy, Security, Risk and Trust (PASSAT '11), 2011 IEEE Third International Conference on and 2011 IEEE Third International Conference on Social Computing (SocialCom '11) , pp.810-813, 9-11 Oct. 2011. DOI: 10.1109/PASSAT/SocialCom.2011.21. URL: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=6113221&isnumber=6113084 [PDF]
- A Case Study of the Effects of Moderator Posts within a Facebook Brand Page, Irena Pletikosa Cvijikj, Florian Michahelles, In: Datta, Anwitaman, Shulman, Stuart, Zheng, Baihua, Lin, Shou-De, Sun, Aixin, Lim, Ee-Peng (eds.) Social Informatics. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, 2011, Volume 6984/2011, 161-170, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-24704-0_21. URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-24704-0_21 [PDF]
- Understanding Social Media Marketing: A Case Study on Topics, Categories and Sentiment on a Facebook Brand Page, Irena Pletikosa Cvijikj, Florian Michahelles, In Proceedings of the 15th International Academic MindTrek Conference: Envisioning Future Media Environments (MindTrek '11). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 175-182. DOI: 10.1145/2181037.2181066. URL: http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/2181037.2181066. [PDF]
- The Toolkit Approach for End-User Participation in the Internet of Things, Irena Pletikosa Cvijikj, Florian Michahelles. In: Dieter Uckelmann, Mark Harrison, Florian Michahelles (eds.) Architecting the Internet of Things, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2011. ISBN 978-3-642-19157-2, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-19157-2_4. URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-19157-2_4 [PDF]
- Influence of Facebook on Purchase Decision Making, Irena Pletikosa Cvijikj, Goekmen Cetin, Stephan Karpischek, Florian Michahelles, What can the Internet of Things do for the Citizen (CIoT) Workshop at The Eighth International Conference on Pervasive Computing (Pervasive 2010), Helsinki, Finland, May 2010 [PDF].
- Program Committee, 11th International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia (MUM 2012)
- Program Committee, 2012 ASE/IEEE International Conference on Social Computing (SocialCom 2012)
- Organizing Committee, 3rd International Conference on the Internet of Things (IoT2012)
- Organizing Committee, 5th International Workshop on Near Field Communication (NFC 2013)
- Reviewer, Multimedia Tools and Applications (MTAP)
- Reviewer, Social Network Analysis and Mining (SNAM)
- Reviewer, 3rd International Conference on Pervasive and Embedded Computing and Communication Systems (PECCS2013)
- Reviewer, 14th ACM International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing (Ubicomp 2012)
- Reviewer, 10th International Conference on Pervasive Computing (Pervasive 2012)
- Reviewer, 3rd International Conference on Social Computing (SocialCom 2011)
- Reviewer, 13th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services (MobileHCI 2011)
- Reviewer, International Journal of RF Technologies: Research and Applications
- Reviewer, 9th International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia (MUM 2010)